Buckingham Palace and Vintage Bus Tour of London
- Local guide
- Routemaster bus tour
- Thames River cruise
- Admission to Buckingham Palace
- Audio guide (Buckingham Palace)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What You Can Expect
Make your own way to Victoria Coach Station in central London, where you’ll meet your professional guide and vintage Routemaster bus. Then, after introductions, settle into your comfortable seat aboard the bus and set off on your tour of the English capital.
Gaze out of the window as you cruise through London’s most famous areas. See the iconic lion statues in Trafalgar Square before continuing to Parliament Square to see Westminster Abbey, the Houses of Parliament and Big Ben.
Down by the Thames River, hop out of your bus and climb aboard a boat to see the London skyline from the water. Look out for St Paul’s famous dome and have your camera ready as you draw closer to Tower Bridge and the Tower of London. You’ll also see newer sights such as the London Eye and The Shard.
After your cruise, continue by bus to Buckingham Palace, which has served as the official London residence of the British royals since the 19th century. Walk with your guide to the entrance of the palace, a site only open to the public for two months each year, before bidding them a fond farewell (guides are not allowed inside).
Head inside with your prebooked ticket and plug into your included audio guide to learn more about the British royals and the palace’s history. See the Australian Stage Coach on display at the Grand Entrance portico and ogle the stool and sword used to confer knighthoods. Then, in Queen Elizabeth II’s State Rooms, be wowed by the lavish furnishings and other rare treasures from the Royal Collection.
Your experience concludes when you leave Buckingham Palace, leaving you free to continue sightseeing independently or head back to your accommodation.
Additional Important Information
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please note: Eating and drinking are not permitted inside the State Rooms. Photography, video recording and filming including the use of wearable devices for non-commercial purposes are not permitted inside the State Rooms.
- Please note: this is an open top bus tour, please be prepared for the possibility of rain. On rare occasions the open top bus may be changed to a closed top bus
- Please note:Audio guide in English, French, German, Japanese and Portuguese language will be available only until the 31st of October 2017.