A Modern Taste of Britain Food Tour in London
Discover a world of British flavours on this 3.5 to 4-hour small-group London food tour. Learn how British farmers, producers, chefs, and restaurateurs are shaping a culinary revolution, showcasing home-grown ingredients and reshaping traditional fare. Get the full experience of how products go from Farm to Table, through a number of unique tastings, including charcuterie, cheese, chocolate, pie, wines, gourmet scotch eggs, and scones. Finish your lovely culinary experience with a gourmet dessert with tea at the most exclusive British restaurant in Borough Market.
- 10 tastings
- Expert food guide
- "Best of London” food guide
- Gourmet dessert and tea
- wine tasting
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Food and drinks, unless specified
What You Can Expect
Meet your guide right at the heart of London's foodie revival, buzzing Borough Market, at 10am.
Start the morning at a famous chocolate shop for something sweet, before you dive into Borough Market, seeing the latest trends and of course sampling a number of delicious nibbles – from cheeses to charcuterie to many more.
After exploring the products side of the market, you will wander into the “street food” section of the market, where you will get to sample one of the most incredible British inventions – with a gourmet twist, before leaving the market to explore the side streets of the London Bridge area.
Stop for a wine tasting in a famous old converted warehouse before stepping back in time to see what the area would have looked like hundreds of years ago when it was a flourishing port for ships and products.
To really get the full experience of how products go from Farm to Table, you will make your way over to London Bridge and stop in a fantastic pub with an interesting past and you will try our favourite modern version of the British classic, the homemade pie.
Once you’ve polished off your last bite of buttery pie crust, there’s no better way to finish your Modern British food tasting, than with a gourmet British dessert and tea. Wandering back through the market, you will make our way towards aBritish restaurant that is so proud of their farm to table roots that they can proudly brag that every single thing in their restaurant is 100% locally sourced from the market – and almost exclusively British. They even have an “honour roll” on the back page of their menu to pay tribute to each and every person who provides them with their top quality, sustainable products. With a view that overlooks the bustling vendors and lunch-seekers, you will sit down to 5 – star service as you enjoy the gourmet grande finale to your British Culinary experience.
Additional Important Information
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately