Las Vegas Tandem Skydiving
- Expert and qualified instructor
- All equipment and training
- Certificate of Completion
- DVD of your skydive experience (if option chosen at time of booking)
- Roundtrip shuttle from the MGM Grand Hotel and Casino (if option chosen)
- All local taxes and fees (if booked from March 31 2017)
- Gratuities (optional)
- If booked before March 31 2017: The listed price does not include a $15 per person fuel surcharge, payable at the time of tour check-in
What You Can Expect
When you arrive at the drop zone you will be equipped with a jumpsuit, soft helmet, goggles and harness. After being double-checked, it's onto the airplane to get ready for take off.
As the plane rolls down the runway and lifts off, you'll be embarking on one of life's truly special experiences. While you enjoy the beautiful views of Mount Charleston, Red Rock Canyon and the Las Vegas Strip, your pilot will be guiding the plane to the jump altitude, over two miles above the earth. As jump time approaches, your instructor will give you one final check and then, via four attachment points, he will secure you to his own equipment (each upper attachment is capable of holding 5000 lbs/2250 kg).
When the door opens and you exit the aircraft, most people say their fears stay in the plane. For over 45 seconds, falling at speeds in excess of 120 mph/193 kph, you will finally understand why the birds sing!
All too quickly, you will find the parachute opening and your adrenaline-charged free fall transforms into a peaceful parachute descent.
Additional Important Information
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Upon arrival you will receive a pre-jump documentation package. This will include such information as your weight (there are different sized parachutes so please be accurate), date of birth, driving license details, etc. as well as a waiver and release of liability form for your review. Although everything possible is done to ensure your safety, there are inherent risks associated with skydiving and aviation related activities, and in order to participate it is important you understand and acknowledge this.
- Thanks to the nature of the tandem skydive, the formal training required can be kept to a minimum as your personal tandem master will control the free-fall and the parachute decent. However there is some information and rules that you need to be familiar with to help with the safe outcome of the jump. By educating you as what to expect in the airplane, how to hold your body during free-fall and what to expect when the parachute opens your fears can be eased and your fun maximized.
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- Observers may join for an additional fee, please contact the local operator for more details. Their contact details will be provided on your pre-paid voucher
- Minimum age is 18 years
- For your safety passengers must weigh under 240lbs (108kg)
What is it like to skydive?
You have try it to find out! It's like nothing else you've ever experienced! You don't get that "roller-coaster" feeling of dropping; it is more like "floating on air".
What is a tandem jump?
Making the leap of a lifetime has been made more available thanks to the tandem jump. You will be securely attached to your personal tandem-master who will guide you through the whole experience, enabling you to relax, knowing you are with a fully trained professional. This takes away the anxiety of jumping alone, and helps make your day truly unforgettable.
Can anybody skydive?
You need to be 18 yrs of age with valid picture ID, weigh less than 240 lbs. (must be height and weight proportionate, some restrictions may apply) and be in generally good health.
Are you recommended by the united states parachute organization?
YES - in fact we are the ONLY drop zone in Nevada included in the USPA monthly magazine' Parachutist.
Where do you land?For obvious safety reasons our landing area is located a short but safe distance away from busy airport traffic.
What should I wear?Dress accordingly for the conditions. During the hot summer months, shorts and t-shirts are fine as we provide jumpsuits to all tandem divers. Sneakers are recommended.
Will weather ever be a problem?We have the best-reported weather conditions of any airport in Nevada. Rarely does the weather prevent us from skydiving and usually the conditions at the airport are better than on the Strip.