Hoover Dam and Lake Mead Bike Tour
- Experienced and knowledgeable tour guide
- High quality bicycle equipped with storage rack and enclosed compartment
- Helmet, gloves, and tools
- Unlimited bottled water
- Healthy snacks and packed lunch
- Mechanical and tire repair support from guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (recommended)
What You Can Expect
The Hoover Dam has a spectacular array of scenery from lake views to high mesa backdrops. Your local expert guide will call on their way to pick you up from your hotel. Your entire party will be taken to the shop where you will be outfitted for the day, then the tour really begins.
Once in the Lake Mead National Recreation Area the path becomes smooth gravel and one can see a close resemblance to how it looked when it was still a railroad, bringing workers and supplies down to build the Hoover Dam. Now with a much more rustic trail ahead it's good to keep your camera handy, Big Horn Sheep are often spotted in a more natural setting along the rocky cliffs above any of the five tunnels that you will be riding through. Gambel's Quail are commonly encounter, as well as Red-Tailed Hawks, desert Tortoises and many other creatures in the desert habitat.
This ride is mostly downhill and is geared toward all levels of riders. You'll find yourself cruising smoothly along on a bicycle as you ride effortlessly through the Black Canyon Gorge eventually leading to Lake Mead where you will be guided through the first of the five tunnels. Closer to the lake you will continue on through the last tunnel on your own, to enjoy the scenery at your own pace. Once at the lake it's best to park your bike because your eyes will be open wide to take in all the spectacular views. This is a great spot to enjoy your premium packed lunch and the fresh air with your party. You will then return to your guide for the return shuttle to take you back to Las Vegas.
Additional Important Information
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required