In the clear waters of the Caribbean Sea lies one of Cancun's most unique attractions, the Underwater Museum of Art. Snorkel among the 400 life-size sculptures, it’s a breathtaking and slightly eerie experience will be the best part of your Cancun vacation.
This tour is one of the most thrilling things to do in Cancun.
The museum was created by artist Jason deCaires Taylor and it has sparked worldwide interest and everyone who sees it is fascinated! The main body of the museum is called "The Silent Evolution" and consists of 400 life-size figures molded in pH-neutral materials. The goal of the museum is preservation, and the statues promote marine growth by forming a complex structure inhabited and colonized by various forms of fish and other marine life.
The sculptures are meant to change over time, as they were purposely constructed to become an artificial reef. As you snorkel around the sculptures, you can see how coral has attached itself and is growing on the statues. Eventually, marine life will thrive here, boosting the local ecosystem.
As part of the Cancun National Marine Park, the museum is simply unforgettable. The total museum installation occupies more than 1,600 square feet.
- A breathtaking and slightly eerie experience will be the best part of your Cancun vacation
- Enjoy the museum’s more than 400 sculptures surrounded by marine life
- One of the best snorkeling adventures in the Mexican Caribbean
- Life Jacket
- Bottled water
- Snorkel equipment
- Bilingual Guide
- Transportation to meeting place
- $5 USD for reef tax and dock fee
What to Bring
- Comfortable Clothes
- Comfortable Shoes
- Insect Repellent (Biodegradable)
- Sunscreen Lotion (Biodegradable)
- Swimming Suit
- Hat or Cap
- Extra Cash (Pictures, Souvenirs, Tips & Personal Expenses)
- Waterproof Camera
- $5 USD for Reef Tax and Dock Fee
Terms and Conditions
Please confirm your reservation 48 hours in advance with the Olympus Tours agent at the hospitality desk of your hotel or call our offices in Cancun +52 (998) 881 9030.
Please remember: no refund, if unused.