Jungle Maya Expedition
This day-long excursion begins at a Mayan village called Rancho San Felipe. It is the best place to discover the Nohoch Nah Chiich and the Sac-Actun River System. You will get time to snorkel in the cool fresh waters and get to know one of the world's largest underground river systems. In the caves of the Mayan cenotes, you'll be amazed by the fabulous limestone formations.
Next, we take the Unimog through the jungle and stop for a short jungle walk, culminating at Yaxmuul Cenote for a refreshing swim and a look at its beautiful rock formations. Another short hop with the Unimog and we find ourselves at the Kantenah Nature Reserve. Here you'll have a chance to rappel down a cenote 50 feet right into the water and the fun is just beginning if you choose to fly on a network of three zip lines high above the jungle floor. After the canopy tour, you'll get to participate in a traditional Mayan cleansing ceremony, inside a dry cave.
Finish off the day with a Mayan buffet lunch with homemade Yucatan dishes and handmade tortillas. Photos and videos of your adventure will be available for purchase to preserve the memories for you. A real Mayan adventure like no other!
- Snorkel surrounded by awesome rock formations and millenary stalactites and stalagmites
- Be part of a traditional Maya purification ceremony
- Ride through the exuberant rainforest on our all-terrain Mercedes Benz Unimog vehicles
- Round trip transportation in an a/c vehicle with capacity up to 12 passengers
- Ride in a 4x4 all terrain vehicle
- Bilingual tour guide
- First aid trained staff
- Full snorkel and zip-line gear
- Bottled water
- Fruit snacks
- Lunch buffet of home-made Yucatan food
- Alcoholic drinks
- Vehicle insurance
- Photographs, souvenirs, tips
What to Bring
- Bathing suit
- Comfortable clothing, (preferably cotton, light colors, long sleeves are recommended)
- Extra set of clothing
- Sport shoes
- Boots or ankle strap sandals (no flip flops)
- Cash for souvenirs or photographs
- Biodegradable insect repellent
This expedition is not suitable for handicapped people, or people who suffer heart, respiratory or back problems. It is not recommended for pregnant women or for oversized people (over 264 pounds).
Children under 6 years old cannot participate.
People under the influence of alcohol or toxic substance won’t be allowed to participate in this expedition.
Terms and Conditions
Please confirm your reservation 48 hours in advance with the Olympus Tours agent at the hospitality desk of your hotel or call our offices in Cancun +52 (998) 881 9030.
Please remember: no refund, if unused.