La Sagrada Familia Early-Access Tour with Tower Option
- Entrance Fee to Sagrada Familia Cathedral
- Local English only speaking Guide
- Tickets to the Tower on the Passion Facade (if option selected)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pick-up and Hotel drop-off
What You Can Expect
Admire the incredible exterior with its soaring spires, and head straight inside for a guided tour of the UNESCO-listed Roman Catholic church, considered the master work of Antoni Gaudí. As one of the first visitors of the day, experience the full force of Gaudí's artistic genius with fewer crowds, and listen as your guide recounts the architect's vision for the church.
Gaze upward and soak up sights of the towering columns, stained glass windows and rich ornamentation. View the five aisles — designed like a Latin cross — and learn how Gaudí drew inspiration from nature, eschewing straight lines in favor of curves and jagged edges. Hear, too, how construction of the church began in 1882 and was only a quarter complete when Gaudí died in a road accident in 1926.
Check out the vaults that reach some 230 feet (70 meters) high, and, as you walk around, learn about the rich Christian symbolism of the decoration, facades and planned spires.
Having explored the church, enjoy some time to roam the area at your own leisure. To upgrade your experience, opt for a 30-minute visit (self-guided) to the top of church's tower, where you can look out on sweeping views over Barcelona. Please note that the trip to the top includes a climb of roughly 400 steps.
Additional Important Information
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please advise: there are around 400 stairs to go up to the tower
- The access to the tower subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- Minimum age is 6 years to the tower access
- Please note the towers will remain closed by rain or wind.
Products standard cancellable
Please note that is mandatory to be15 minutes before the departure time at the meeting point for the check in.