France, Andorra, and Spain from Barcelona
- Local guide ( English Only)
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
What You Can Expect
Where else but Europe can you visit three countries in one day? After an early start from Barcelona, you’ll be in the Spanish village of Baga by 8:30am, surrounded by the rocky peaks of Cadi-Moixero National Park.
Explore Baga’s central square and medieval church before crossing the border into France in time for breakfast in the walled town of Mont-Louis. After traditional French fare of croissants and café au lait, explore the town’s 17th-century fortified citadel, designed by Vauban and protected as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Leaving Mont-Louis at 11am, you’ll take a scenic drive over the Pyrenees Alps into neighboring Andorra, to the capital Andorra la Vella. Explore Romanesque churches and stone houses in the city’s old quarter, and enjoy lunch in a traditional Andorran restaurant (own expense).
After lunch, you have the choice of hitting Andorra la Vella’s tax-free shops for bargain-priced wine and souvenirs, or hitting the mountain trails surrounding the River Madriu and visiting the Romanesque church of St Miquel d’Engolasters.
The return drive to Barcelona departs Andorra la Vella at 4pm, dropping into Coll de Nargo for a late-afternoon drink en route. Admire Coll de Nargo’s Romanesque church of St Climent and stunning valley views before continuing the drive back to Barcelona, arriving at around 7pm in time for pre-dinner drinks and tapas or whatever else your evening holds.
Please note: This tour is available in English only
Additional Important Information
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel You MUST confirm and obtain any visa requirements prior to border crossing. All visa requirements are the sole responsibility of the traveler
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- Please bring a towel if you plan to use the spa water in Ax Les Thermes
- This tour operates in English only