Salvador Dali Museum, Figueres and Cadaques Small Group Day Trip from Barcelona
- Local guide
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Entrance tickets to Dalí Museum-Theatre
- Personalized small group and commentary
- Entrance tickets to Dalí house in Port Lligat (approx 11 euros). Reservations will be made by local supplier.
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel pickup and drop off
What You Can Expect
Depart Barcelona and set out for Figueres, the birthplace of Dalí and home to the world famous Dalí Museum-Theatre. Explore where he was born on Monturiol Street and also visit the famous museum. Step inside the surreal world of Salvador Dalí and find a museum like none other. Dalí wanted visitors to see his massive collection as a ‘whole’ work, and for this reason he wanted no catalogues and refused to have his works placed in chronological or subject order. Inside is a world of fantasy mixed with architecture mixed with paintings and sculptures. It’s a complete surrealistic experience. The tour itinerary varies:
From September 1 - June 30 (Winter):
Leave Figueres and head to the beautiful coastal village of Cadaqués. Famous for its white washed Mediterranean houses, narrow shady streets, and sandy bay, this is one of the most picturesque villages on the Costa Brava. But what really stands out for many people is the dramatic drive there, which offers some of the best views in the whole of Catalunya. This is the perfect place for lunch. In the afternoon we will travel just a few minutes up the coast to the even smaller village of Port Lligat, the place where Dalí sought the peace and quiet that truly inspired him and where he built his house. Finally, we will move on to Cap de Creus, the most easterly point of mainland Spain and one of the most starkly beautiful coastal landscapes in the whole of the country.
From July 1 – August 31 (Summer):
Leave Figueres for Pubol Castle, once a home of Dalí and his wife Gala, located in the village of the same name. Visit the Gala Dalí House-Museum in the castle, and after lunch (own expense), venture to one of the many beautiful beach side towns that dot the Costa Brava coastline. Please remember to bring suitable clothing if you want to enjoy a refreshing dip in the sea or relax on the beach.Please note: Dali House will be closed from the 1st of January to the 4th of January and from the 11th of January until the 11th of February. It is still possible to see the house from the outside.
Additional Important Information
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please note: Dali House will be closed from the 1st of January to the 4th of January and from the 11th of January until the 11th of February. It is still possible to see the house from the outside.
- This tour operates only in English.