Priority Access: Barcelona Sagrada Familia Tour
- Local guide
- Entrance ticket
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
What You Can Expect
Select a start time to suit your schedule, and then meet your guide in central Barcelona. Walk straight past the long entrance lines, which are often in excess of two hours long, to Gaudi’s Gothic masterpiece: La Sagrada Familia. After skipping the line, set off to explore Barcelona’s attention-grabbing church on a comprehensive walking tour.
Listed as a UNESCO World Heritage site, La Sagrada Familia is consecrated and was proclaimed a minor basilica by Pope Benedict XVI. Learn all about its fascinating history from your guide, and hear how Gaudi designed the church’s interior as a Latin cross complete with five aisles. Gaze in admiration at the opulent ornamentation and walk underneath vaults that measure some 230-feet (70-meters) high.
Before leaving the church, visit La Sagrada Familia Museum to see drawings, plaster models and pictures about the development of the cathedral since the late 1880s. La Sagrada Familia remains famously unfinished, and the museum also documents information about the construction that is currently underway. The anticipated completion date of the building is 2026, the centennial of Gaudi’s death.
Your tour finishes inside the museum, but you can stay inside for longer, if you wish, to browse the exhibits at your own pace.
Additional Important Information
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- We cannot predict when La Sagrada Familia will be crowded. In general, long lines are common at major attractions in summer, on most weekends, and during peak travel periods throughout the year (Christmas, Easter, local holidays). The skip-the-line ticket enables you to skip the line if indeed there is one. Unfortunately there is no way to foresee the days and times that produce lines
- All visitors must pass through metal detectors at the security check point, so please expect to wait 20-30 minutes to clear security
- A maximum of 9 people per booking
- Dress code is required for entrance to the Sagrada Familia Basilica. No tank tops, strapless shirts, short shorts, or sandals will be accepted.