Montserrat Tour with Tapas and Wine from Barcelona
- Transportation in a comfortable air-conditioned shared bus
- Local English-speaking tour guide
- Cogwheel train ticket
- Guided visit to Montserrat Monastery
- Coca de Montserrat (sweet pastry) and liquor tasting
- Regional tapas lunch with dessert (tapas option only)
- Multi-course meal (lunch option only)
- Welcome drink (tapas option only)
- Visit Oller del Mas vineyards, cellar, and castle
- Three organic wine tasting and cheese platter
- Bottle of water, provided towards the end of the tour
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Tips and gratuities (optional)
What You Can Expect
Your tour departs from central Barcelona, and from there you'll head for the village of Monistrol de Montserrat. From Monistrol you'll take the Cremallera de Montserrat, a cogwheel train with great views of the countryside and the mountain.
Once at the Montserrat Monastery, taste some local products as a midday snack such as coca de Montserrat (a traditional sweet snack) and a sample of homemade Montserrat liquors. Your guides tells you fun facts about the landmark, inducing its history, legends, and the importance of this site in Catalonia. Enjoy some free time for the chance to walk through the monastery, check out the Montserrat Museum, or visit a couple of viewpoints before going back to the bus.
It is now time for food and wine. Only a short drive away awaits Oller del Mas Cellar, located in a 10th century castle. At this point the group will divide, depending on which food choice you chose. You may opt for eating a multiple-course meal at a local restaurant, or a tapas brunch during the winetasting. Both options will enjoy an extended visit throughout the cellar, located inside the castle. The visit will allow you to discover how wine was made 600 years ago, and how they still make it today. Be sure to take the opportunity to stroll through the vineyards while enjoying the landscape that surrounds Oller del Mas.
Winetasting will consist of three organic château wines. If you have chosen the tapas option, you will enjoy your brunch during the wine tasting, and for those that have already had lunch, the tasting will be accompanied by a cheese platter. Afterward, you will return to Barcelona.
Additional Important Information
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- There is a limit of 15 people per group, although transportation may be shared with other groups.
- Comfortable clothes and shoes are recommended as there is some walking involved.
- If you have reduced mobility, please contact usbefore booking. We make sure to welcome everyone on board!
- Infants aged 3 or less may join the tour free of charge, but note that no car seat or meals areprovided.
- Anyspecial dietary requirements may be accommodated.
- Please check the weather the day before your tour! It can be cold and/or rainy in the winter and very hot in the summer.
- Please note that theLunch Option has a duration of 9 hours(returning to Barcelona around 7:00 - 7:30 pm).