Montserrat Tour with Tapas and Wine from Barcelona
- Transportation in a comfortable air-conditioned shared bus
- Local English-speaking tour guide
- Cogwheel train ticket
- Guided visit to Montserrat Monastery
- Coca de Montserrat (sweet pastry) and liquor tasting
- Regional tapas lunch with dessert (tapas option only)
- Multi-course meal (lunch option only)
- Welcome drink (tapas option only)
- Visit Oller del Mas vineyards, cellar, and castle
- Three organic wine tasting and cheese platter
- Bottle of water, provided towards the end of the tour
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Tips and gratuities (optional)
What You Can Expect
Your tour departs from central Barcelona, and from there you'll head for the village of Monistrol de Montserrat. From Monistrol you'll take the Cremallera de Montserrat, a cogwheel train with great views of the countryside and the mountain.
Once at the Montserrat Monastery, your guides will tell you fun facts about the landmark, inducing its history, legends, and the importance of this site in Catalonia. Enjoy some free time for the chance to see l'Escolania (the oldest Boys' Choir in Europe)*, walk through the monastery, visit the Montserrat Museum, or visit a couple of viewpoints before going back to the bus.
It is now time for food and wine. Only a short drive away awaits Oller del Mas Cellar, located in a 10th century castle. At this point the group will divide, depending on the food option selected. You may opt for feasting on a copious multiple-course meal at a local restaurant, or a lighter tapas lunch during the wine tasting. Both options will enjoy an extended visit throughout the cellar, located inside the castle. The visit will allow you to discover how wine was made 600 years ago, and how they still make it today. Be sure to take the opportunity to stroll through the vineyards while enjoying the landscape that surrounds Oller del Mas.
Wine tasting will consist of three ecological château wines. If you have chosen the tapas option, you will enjoy your brunch during the wine tasting, as well as an extra glass of wine and a cheese platter. Afterwards, you will return to central Barcelona.
* Please note that l'Escolania does not sing on Saturdays and several dates throughout the year.
Additional Important Information
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please note thatTapas Option has a duration of 7 hours(returning to Barcelona around5:00 - 5:30 pm).Lunch Option has a duration of 9 hours(returning to Barcelona around 7:00 - 7:30 pm).
- The tour leaves fromPlaza Catalunya, 21 (by theHard Rock Café) – look for thepink umbrella.
- The tour departs at10:00am(meet strictly at 9:45 am).
- There is a limit of 15 people per group, although transportationwill be shared with other groups.
- Comfortable clothes and shoes are recommended as there is some walking involved.
- Temperatures in Montserrat and the winery tend to be more extreme than in Barcelona. Please check the weather forecast the day before and dress accordingly.
- Infants aged 3 or less may join the tour free of charge, but note that no car seat or meals areprovided.
- If you have reduced mobility, please contact usbefore booking. Wedo our bestto welcome everyone on board!
- We cater for any dietary allergies or restrictions – no need to warn us beforehand.