Montserrat Tour from Barcelona Including Lunch
- Shared transportation in a comfortable air-conditioned bus
- Local English-speaking tour guide
- Guided visit to Montserrat Monastery
- Free time at Montserrat
- Multi-course Catalan meal with wine
- Guided visit to Oller del Mas vineyards, cellar, and castle
- 3 organic wine tasting and cheese platter (3 artisanal cheese slices)
- Possibility to buy the wines tasted and to ship them home
- Bottle of water, provided towards the end of the tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What You Can Expect
Begin your tour in Plaça Catalunya, where you will hop aboard an air-conditioned bus to the Natural Park of the Mountain of Montserrat, just an hour away from Barcelona. A unique massif famous for its gothic shapes, beautiful views, and trails, Montserrat is said to be the most important mountain in Catalonia.
Upon arrival, your guided tour consists of an extended visit throughout the Basilica and Monastery, with free time to explore the site on your own afterward. There are many activities to choose from – you may want to explore the Monastery further, visit the Museum, make your way to the Holy Cave, ride a funicular to the top of the mountain, or shop at the farmer’s market. At the end of the visit you'll have the chance to attend a performance by l’Escolania de Montserrat, the oldest Boys’ Choir in Europe.*
After Montserrat, head to the estate winery of Oller del Mas. Located in a castle dating back to the 10th century, the winery is home to 1,500 acres of land and a public golf course. Make your way into the restaurant, where you will be served a multi-course, regional menu.
Following your meal, take a stroll through the vineyards and visit the cellar for a guided tour of the estate's wines. Learn about the production process and other winemaking secrets.
Before heading back to Barcelona, enjoy a tasting session with three organic wines paired with local cheeses. You will be returned at the end of the day to your original departure point.
* Please note that l'Escolania does not sing on Saturdays and several dates throughout the year.
Additional Important Information
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- There is a limit of 15 people per group, although transportation may be shared with other groups.
- Comfortable clothes and shoes are recommended as there is some walking involved.
- If you have reduced mobility, please contact usbefore booking. We make sure to welcome everyone on board!
- Infants aged 3 or less may join the tour free of charge, but note that no car seat or meals areprovided.
- Anyspecial dietary requirements may be accommodated.
- Please check the weather the day before your tour! It can be cold and/or rainy in the winter and very hot in the summer.