Girona, Figueres and Dali Museum Day Trip
- Local guide
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Entrance fee to Salvador Dalí Theatre-Museum and Dalí Jewels exhibition
- Guided walking tour in Girona
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What You Can Expect
Leave central Barcelona by air-conditioned coach and travel to north Catalonia to the walled city of Girona, on the Onyar River.
As you travel, hear how Girona became one of Spain’s most prosperous cities in medieval times: a wealth that saw the construction of its beautiful Romanesque and Gothic buildings.
After roughly 1.5 hours, arrive in the city and stroll around the Old Town with your guide. Delve into the old-world streets and Jewish Quarter, home to one of Catalonia’s most significant Jewish communities in the Middle Ages.
See the baroque Cathedral exterior and admire the views of Girona’s pastel-colored houses perched along the Onyar’s banks. Then, after free time for lunch (own expense), continue by coach to Figueres, the birthplace of 20th-century Spanish artist, Salvador Dalí.
On route, hear Dalí's extraordinary life story and learn how the moustachioed genius remodeled Figueres’ Dalí Theatre-Museum from the town’s original Municipal Theater.
Admire the museum’s striking Dalí-esque façade and then head inside to view its collections of Dalí’s art, before seeing some of his stylized jewels at the neighboring Dalí Jewels exhibition.
Wrap up with some free time to explore Figueres on your own before your tour ends back in Barcelona.
Additional Important Information
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Infants travel free provided they do not occupy a seat
- Guests are recommended to wear comfortable shoes
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Operated by a bilingual guide in English and Spanish