Girona and Costa Brava Tour from Barcelona
- Local guide
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Small group tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Entrance fees to the Botanic Gardens at Cap Roig
What You Can Expect
Leaving Barcelona, you will head to Girona, a city with a long history, believed to be founded around 76 BC. The river Onyar neatly divides the city in two, separating the old town from the new. The city has a rich architectural heritage and you can see evidence of this in its the cathedral founded in 1038 an the Roman walls which you can stroll along when they are open or wander the narrow streets of the old town.
Continue to the Santuari dels Angels, this spot offers panoramic views of the whole Girona region and is the spot Salvador Dali chose for his wedding. From here you will make your way to Pals, a small city that grew from a fortress. Stop here for lunch before you head to the fishing village of Calella de Palafrugell.
The clean lines of the whitewashed houses here will be evident here and you'll have time to explore the rocky coastline or perhaps even take a dip in the inviting waters before returning to Barcelona.
Additional Important Information
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- There will be time off the bus at your leisure, so please bring suitable clothing, footwear, and sun protection.
- You will also have an opportunity to go swimming at Calella de Palafrugell, so if you want, bring your swimming costume and a beach towel.
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers.
- This tour is in English only.