Early Access to Montserrat Monastery
- Professional guide (Bilingual)
- Entrance fees ( if included in your option )
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What You Can Expect
Relax on route to Montserrat, the famous multi-peaked mountain in Catalonia. With your ticket in hand, avoid the crowds and enjoy early access to Montserrat Monastery — widely considered the mountain’s top attraction.
Follow your guide on a tour of the Santa Maria de Montserrat Abbey before the crowds arrive, and admire the beautiful gothic and renaissance architecture. Gain insight into the spirituality for which the abbey is famous and hear how it ties in to Catalonia’s colorful culture. See the beautiful atrium and sacristy, get an appreciation of the talents of the singers, composers and teachers through the explanatory audiovisual showing the choir line.
Discover ancient history and rich heritage during a visit to the Museum of Montserrat. Explore the galleries and hallways, and learn of the losses the region felt during the Napoleonic War. Discover archaeological styles influenced by Cyprus, Egypt, Mesopotamia, and Palestine, and marvel at 13th- to 18th- century paintings by famous by artists including Berruguete, Caravaggio, El Greco and Morales. Afterward, travel back to Barcelona to conclude your tour.
Additional Important Information
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please note that depending the time of the year, the tour can arrive at the monastery after the sunrise
- Please note: All tours are run in both English and Spanish